Tarbolton Parish Church is on Cunningham Street in Tarbolton. An ‘A’ listed building built in 1821 and in 1943 a Union with the nearby Erskine Church took place.
The former Erskine Church building is now the Erskine Hall, our present church hall, and it is a 5 minute walk from the Church, very close to the primary school.
For those interested, we have a double manual pipe organ built by Norman and Beard in 1908.
Tarbolton, which was originally a weaving village in the 18th century, is situated in between Kilmarnock and Ayr.
For Burns enthusiasts Annbank and Tarbolton lies in the heart of Burns Country with Mossgiel, Lochlea and Willie’s Mill all close by. Robert Burns was a Depute Master of the Tarbolton Masonic Lodge and his Masonic apron is one of the treasures held in the extensive and interesting museum there. The nearby hamlet of Failford also has strong Burns connections. The Bachelors’ Club, now a National Trust property, attracts many visitors each year from different corners of the world.
Our Guild has been going for 90 years.
We have a Sunday school in Tarbolton Parish Church which is always welcoming new wee faces. They meet at the church at 10am to participate in the first part of worship and then they go to the Erskine Hall for their time of stories, songs and crafts. All Sunday School teachers have PVG certificates.
Pram Praise (all guardians and pre school children) will be held in the Church on the first Monday of the month at 2.00pm
Sunday worship in Tarbolton is at 10am and Annbank starts at 11.30am.
A half hour service is held at Temple House in Mossblown on the 1st Sunday of the month at 2pm.
Home communion is celebrated on request, just contact the minister for this special service.
Tarbolton Church is situated only 3 miles from Annbank Church. There are many families within the two villages who are related and we have many shared services and this year we will share both our Christmas Day Service and our Easter Day Service.
We have a special Service once a year in November for all whose names are in our 'Book of Remembrance'.
Tarbolton Parish Church News
Boxes filled ready for despatch to Blythswood Care
Mrs Sally Alexander after being awarded a certificate for 30 years as a Sunday School Teacher
Mrs Margaret Kerr with the certificate awarded after retiring as Sunday School Leader after some 25 years service presented by Rev. Paul Russell.
7 elders after being presented with 30 year diplomas as mentioned in our newsletter.
Showing from left to right are ;
Maureen McNae, Iris Richardson, Janette Candlish, David Neil, Moira Wilson, Margaret Brown and Mary Hunter.
Miss Moira Wilson with the certificate to mark her time of over 30 years as Church Treasurer.